Monday 19 May 2014

My ARTEFACT!!

HERE IT IS!! Finally got it uploaded to youtube...

http://youtu.be/DtYWYOCci7E

I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts or comments...

Today’s cruise ship entertainers are no longer your tired ‘Punch and Judy’ puppet shows that used to be seen and have audiences enthralled. Today’s audiences have matured, they require more intricate, complex shows with stories that will keep them entertained every night of their cruise ship holiday. These shows are owned by Multi-million-dollar Company’s that scour the globe and hire great talent from all over the world.

After working five years at sea with some wonderful people in seven different casts with a number of sixteen to eighteen people in a cast. I look back to see why some casts didn’t reach their full potential? What factor was holding them back? Was it the lack of support from the shore side team? Or was it something closer to home? After I joined this course, it inspired me to want to understand more in my career. How can we make our current and future casts achieve their full potential?  I decided to dig in deep and question why & how? What is it that we need to do to ensure we had a stronger performance every time we stepped onto that stage?

For my Inquiry, I interviewed (15) my cast members one at a time to see what it is in their opinion that we needed to do to achieve our best outcome. Also I conducted two different focus groups with another (13) cast. These focus groups focused on the importance of team building and the outcome when we firstly didn’t work as a team, opposed to when we did work together and what we can achieve if we all work as one. I wanted to prove that if we don’t put the work in and do the necessary cast bonding/team-building exercises, then we will never achieve our full potential.

We live in the age of technology, and are constantly surrounded by it. Therefore, we sub-consciously take in the message even if we don’t know we do.

I think that today’s performers would much rather watch a short video than sit down and read a booklet. Videos can be exciting, short and yet still to the point. They are also vibrant, informative and entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment